Friday, August 21, 2009

Visiting Fatu

We got the chance to visit Fatu on Wednesday before we left back to Vegas. He's been at football camp for a while, so we hadn't had the chance to see him at all while we were in Salt Lake. The day we planned to come home, my dad called me and asked if we wanted to stop by the stadium to watch Fatu's scrimmage. So me, Ti Tonga and the boys headed up to Rice Eccles Stadium and had the opportunity to watch Fatu and his Utah teammates scrimmage against each other. It was so awesome!! It was my first time in the stadium. My initial thoughts were "Wow, this is where the world's eyes were the winter of 2002!" I've never been around college football period... I thought a couple times that Fatu was way too small and young to be around such aggressive guys... then realized that he of all people was meant for this. I'm so glad the boys got to see uncle Fatu before we left. We got to have lunch with him, Misi, and my Dad after his practice- a sweet treat to top of a wonderful experience. We probably won't get to see any of his games this season so it was nice to be able to see a little bit of him on his home turf.
Offense vs. Defense

Nic with some sign he found. Go Fatu! =)

Fox 13 News & ABC 4 News on sight

Give it a couple months and I'm sure the big head will fit ;)

Nici, Mote, and Siope with Fatu (Siope's head can't quite hold up the helmet like Nic's)

2 comments:

Brianna Phelan said...

Looks like a fun day :)

pwincessdi said...

how cute! I'm glad you guys got to see him shine for a bit!! :) How supportive...I'm sure he appreciated it