Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back in School & Personalized Bins

The boys went back to school on the 29th of August. I still can't believe that all 3 of them are in full day! The house is so quiet now, it's kinda creepy. We put away all their new clothes in their closets and drawers, but there wasn't really anywhere for all their school supplies. The pencil boxes just aren't big enough anymore and the kitchen drawer where we were storing them is just getting way too cluttered. So I bought these inexpensive bins and decided to spruce them up so that A. we could tell which one belongs to which kid, and B. so that the boys would be excited about keeping their homework supplies organized.
Goosie's bin. The face didn't turn out as big as I wanted, but I was too lazy to redo it.
This is how big I wanted the face on the front, but it got cut off on my vinyl sheet. So I just threw it on the back of the bin.
Angry Birds for the 2 angry birds :)
So far so good with school. Everyone seems to be adjusting ok and surprisingly both mine and Ti's work schedules have been working out well with the kid's.

3 comments:

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Cute bins, what a great idea! :)

Mua said...

Love them, they're so cute!

Yes, I started blogging again, just a few days ago. Kauasi went back to work full time and I took a break from school this semester so it gives me something to do!

pan x 8 said...

Very good idea! Now.. if I can find good storage space. WE have a cupboard, one even has his own desk (still not working..), it's hard trying to stay organized and neat! Your's is great.. now my wheels are turning in my mind.. hmmm...