Monday, January 16, 2012

The Grooms Cake

When I went out for Christmas my Mom kept asking me to order Fatu's grooms cake. I couldn't believe that it hadn't been ordered yet. There wasn't much time to get something custom ordered. We came up with an idea that we liked. We thought it would be super simple to put together. All we would have to do was order some tuxedo strawberries to put on top of a chocolate cake. Voila! Super simple right?! Wrong!! I called every single bakery, and chocolate factory in the Salt Lake area and NO ONE made tuxedo strawberries!! I couldn't believe it!! It was too late to change the concept of the cake so  we decided to make our own chocolate strawberries. I showed Fatu a tutorial and he laughed and was pretty confident that he could make them. He does a lot of art, but I was a little hesitant to trust a guy with the task. We decided to turn it into a contest. Yeah, our family is super competitive haha. So we held a contest between him and Sila to see who could make the best strawberries.... and Fatu won.

We did a couple of different styles of strawberries and added them to our chocolate cake. Voila! Fatu's finished grooms cake :) BTW, the coconut ones didn't make it to the cake cause we ate most of them haha.

3 comments:

Aki said...

great job! Turned out cute!!

pan x 8 said...

So beautiful and so yummy looking!

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Awesome job! Saw this pic on your twitter and was salivating haha.