Monday, May 4, 2009

A Year of Ruby Mei


My niece Ruby Mei turned one this year and celebrated this past Saturday with family and friends in Salt Lake. I am the lucky aunt of 3 nieces who all have such DIFFERENT personalities. I think my strong desire to have a girl stems from these 3 gems. My older nieces Lauren and Constance are old enough to help me keep an eye on my boys. They are lifesavers whenever I come out to Salt Lake and I am so grate for their willingness to help out. The youngest of our Moala family came to us in April of last year and we have been smitten ever since. I think I speak for all my siblings when I say that Ruby Mei has a way of mesmerizing us. You can't help but want to carry her 24/7 and buy her everything that a little girl should have. My boys share such a special bond with her- the only thing right now that I can compare to an older brother/younger sister relationship. She is the reason that I have recieved endless requests to provide a "baby sister" for my children. She brings such a sweet spirit to our Moala family and I am honored that she carries on my middle name. Happy birthday Ruby Mei Ku'ualoha Mataele. Ofa lahi atu.

5 comments:

RINA :) said...

That was a sweet blog, Kiki :) Rube Mei is definitely a gorgeous girl, gosh I just wanna squeeze those cheeks! LOL

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

I love, love the invite. She's beautiful just like her namesake! So another trip back to the SLC--hooray!

pwincessdi said...

you're such a sweet auntie!! :) Did you do the invitation? You did an amazing job! I LOVE IT!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love the invite Kiki, you did a good job! Little Rubi Mei is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

great job on the invites! Ruby mei your such a CUTIE!