Friday, November 6, 2009

WWJD?

Siope: "Mote can I have your wristband?"

Mote: "No."

Siope: *pouts* "Man, you're mean! Jesus doesn't like when you don't share"...



.... "so I'm gonna punch you!"


The kids say the craziest things sometimes. Siope especially! He's been saying a lot of unkind things to his brothers. It's like he doesn't even realize what he's saying is mean, and that he's completely contradicting himself. I know he probably says things because we let him get away with a lot more being the youngest. I'm trying not to turn a blind eye as much when it comes to him. When I tell him that what he says is not nice he pauses and looks at me like he honestly didn't realize what he did was wrong until I just pointed it out. Today I asked him, "Do you not want anything for Christmas? Is that why you say mean things? Cause Santa's not going to bring you anything if you keep saying naughty words." I think it actually hit home for him. He quickly apologized and said that he wants to say nice things so Santa can bring him something for Christmas. Hopefully it works.

No comments: