Monday, March 28, 2011

A Life Worth Celebrating: 12 yrs of Lauren

Our family after we got the news that Ren's surgery was successful



Tuesday March 22nd we celebrated Lauren's 12th birthday. Just a couple days before we were told that she had a 10-20% chance of surviving an operation on her lungs. She is absolutely amazing and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Sila and Neo decorated Ren's room for her special day. It turned out so cute!
^She got a new room... with windows!

^The hospital made this banner

^Little Misi picked out these balloons


All of Rennie's grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins were there. We had a room set aside for us and we had pizza and cake for everyone to enjoy while we each rotated on visiting with her.
^gift from Uncle Doug & Auntie Trina.
She looked so cute wearing them in her hospital bed

Sila's kids got special permission to visit with Ren. They sang to her and Sila said that Constance even busted out some dance moves :)

^Sten was here

Although the hospital was probably the last place Ren would've liked to spend her birthday I know she is aware of the battle she is facing. I don't know if she knows the extent, but she knew that she was undergoing surgery and that she had to fight to make it. I have never seen someone with so much strength as hers. Spending time at Primary Children's has totally changed my outlook on life. I'm so grateful for my family and the bond that we share. I am grateful beyond words for Lauren's life and feel like the luckiest person to be able call myself HER aunt.

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Awesome.. this post made me cry.. you guys are such a strong family

pwincessdi said...

u guys are soo sweet! I'm sure she is just so blessed to have u all come visit one by one on her special day!! Families r Forever~

IONGI FAMILY said...

wooohoooo!! LOVE YOU LAREN!!! what a great celebration of LIFE =)

pan x 8 said...

I read this a while back but didn't comment. Such a great room ~ Kamry loved all of it! Happy Birthday Rennie!