Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Weekend in Vegas With the Falatea's

I have been SUPER homesick since I've been back in Vegas. I really really really treasured the family time that was shared while we were out visiting Lauren. I miss being close to them. I think a lot about how nice it would be to move back so that I could see Lauren and the rest of my family more frequently. This past weekend was General Conference. Since my Dad didn't have any church meetings, he and my mom decided to come out and visit. Originally Neo was going to come with him, but she gave up her spot to let Sila's kids come out. I've missed these kids so much! I can't believe how much they've grown and matured. I've gotten the opportunity to really bond with them while Lauren's been in the hospital. They're so smart and humble. Since Sila is at the hospital all day Vince, Constance, and Misi kinda hop around from house to house. Someone will pick them up after school and they'll be at one of their grandparents or uncles/aunts house until Sila and Abe pick them up at night to go home and do it all again. I've never heard them complain. Sometimes they prefer a certain house over another, but these kids are patient and full of love. I was so happy to see them. All they wanted to do was swim, swim, swim... so that we did. Their trip was short, but I was so happy just to be able to hug them. In our Moala family I feel like what brings us all together (especially the in-laws) are our kids. The nieces and nephews are so comfortable around Ti Tonga, Kauasi, and Abe. I'm glad that although we live in different states, our kids are so close still. I love hearing them express their love for each other. Whenever we leave I hear the kids tell their cousins that they love them and they'll miss them. While Vince and them were out here I heard him say, "I love that you guys live in Las Vegas." I guess that makes me feel a little better about not living in Utah. I'm glad they enjoy coming out to visit.





















2 comments:

pwincessdi said...

how sweet of u :)

pan x 8 said...

What a fun weekend for the kids! You are a great Aunty!! Even Neo for giving up her seats for the kids to relax and enjoy themselves for a bit..

You have a great family!