Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Last Time


May 20th will be a day I will never forget. I remember the way my heart raced, the pain and sadness I felt. The level of heartache that I experienced for the first time. But also the calm, peaceful, joyous feeling that entered into my heart as well. I remember a love that filled a small hospital space as we gathered around such a special, beautiful, choice daughter of God. I remember the tears that were shed, the embraces that were shared, the sweet words that were whispered, and the songs that were so beautifully sung. I remember witnessing such a pure love shared between a mother, father, and daughter. As I stood and observed my oldest sister and her husband at the bedside of their oldest daughter, my attention was also drawn to my parents, as they too knelt by their oldest daughter. We wept together. It is a memory that will always hold a special place in my heart. I got to witness one more miracle before before Ren left. Of all that I was ever able to see and learn from, this may have been the one that I will forever thank the Lord for letting me have. She held on for me. She held on for me, Misi, and Fatu. I got to hold her hand one last time. I remember clenching it and rubbing it against my cheek. I got to touch her hair. I got to kiss her little face. And I got to whisper in her ear that I love her. One last time. I know not everyone gets that chance. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father allowed us one last sweet memory with our princess.

4 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I'm so glad you got to spend those last moments with her. I don't think anyone will ever really understand the feeling your family had in that room that day. The thought of Rennie constantly pops in my mind and I get teary-eyed. I'm just grateful for her strength and determination.....it has strengthened me and so many others!

pwincessdi said...

what a sweet post Kiki. Thanks for sharing your last moments with such a sweet spirit! Love you and your family :)

NONU6 said...

I love this post Kiki! Had me in tears. Lauren is definitely one that will never be forgotten.

pan x 8 said...

Sweet, tender and full of love. Thank you! Tia broke Kam's Make A Wish party necklace and we just made it into 3 bracelets for them! They call them their "Rennie" bracelets. Trying to get a good angle for a pic!

Love you guys!