Friday, October 14, 2011

Continuing to Honor Lauren

We're constantly thinking of ways to keep Lauren's memories alive. Ti has said to me before that as the kids grow older that their memories they have of her will start to fade... which I refuse to believe. One of my sis-in-law's had a sister that passed away when they were younger and I asked her if she still remembers her. She looked at me and answered firmly, "Kiki, I have vivid memories of her." Which brought so much comfort to me. I think of Lauren on a daily basis and yes, the memories of her are still vivid. I hope and pray that they remain that way as the years pass.
As certain events come up, it breaks my heart that she isn't here to experience them with us. At Fatu's UNLV game I looked around and tears filled my eyes cause the entire family was in the bleachers to support him. When Ren was sick Fatu had a conversation with her and told her to keep fighting so that she could get better cause he wanted her to come out to his football games and watch him play. Fatu talked with me after about his conversation he had with Ren and said he wasn't sad. He felt positive and good about her. That he was sure that she was going to get better. I thought about all this while I looked at everyone that night at Sam Boyd Stadium and I wished Ren could be with us to complete our family cheer section for her Uncle Fatu. I'm sure however, that she still was able to watch him play and that she had the best seat in the house :)



Halloween is coming up which was definitely one of Lauren's favorite holidays. Who doesn't love Halloween right? Carol and them decorated her spot at Wasatch Lawn
Happy Halloween Rennie!

Bats on her trees to accompany her butterflies




I just know she would love this!!
It is bittersweet to continue to honor her in these simple ways. We are happy to remember and think of her, but sad that she is not physically by our side. We might (big emphasis on "might") be in Utah at the end of the month. I hope I make it in time to contribute to her Halloween decor.

6 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

It's always great to keep the memories alive, my girls know some things of my brother who passed but I try to remind them about him often!!!

Leti Purcell-YoungYen said...

Love this Kiki :')
I think we always have vivid memories of close ones that have passed on. We may go through life and rarely speak of them but they are embedded in our hearts forever. When we lose someone so close, we protect our personal memories of them and they become so sacred. We hold on to those memories that connect us with that person and tuck them deep in our hearts.

Those are the things that can make you smile, even on your worse day. I know her memory will live on through all of you :)

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I don't think she'll ever be forgotten....and that's a blessing for both her and your family! You are all so close, and tight knit and I just know her memory will always stay alive!

She's your little guardian angel and she's always with you, in your heart and in spirit! <3

Mua said...

22yrs later and absolutely no recollection of any memories of my mom or dad, but they're still very much alive to me!

I don't ever think anyone's memory of Lauren will fade away, there will always be something that will remind you of her :)

Loved this post Kiki!

Carolyn said...

Every year I look forward to decorating for the holidays. And every year I always hear her ask me before October, "Aunty when are you going to put up your Halloween decorations?" I miss hearing that question this year from her. So when it hit Oct 1st I knew her decorations had to be up & ready. I just barely did our decorations this past Sunday. Its been hard putting them up,knowing she isn't here to see them & smile. I know her memories will never fade, every day my kids always ask for her & every time I see her brothers &I sister, they always tell me they miss her so much. I love reading your blog. You have such a gift on expressing your thoughts in writing. Love you guys!! Hope you guys have a safe & fun Halloween.

Pauline said...

I know it's November. But, I loved reading this piece you wrote. Everyone's comments are beautiful and very touching. Thanks for continuesly posting great throught Kiki! You are exactly the person that keeps Lauren's memories alive. Having great thoughts written such as the ones you have posted; make it easy to keep Lauren's memories vivid! Love yah tonz