Friday, July 31, 2009

Independence Day 09

Yes I am barely getting caught up and it's practically August. So this year Ti Tonga was supposed to fly out for the holiday but the flights weren't looking so great and I didn't want to splurge on last minute confirmed seats. I decided to check rental rates and was surprised at how low they were. So I reserved a car, threw some clothes in a suitcase, and headed out to Salt Lake with the boys.

We got in late Thursday night so after we checked in to our hotel we called it a night and knocked out. Friday morning I met up with some of my Moleni girls and we went and watched "My Sister's Keeper". I bawled like a baby! I LOVED it and recommend it to everyone!! After the movie me and Crystal went over to Southridge Park where Ti Tonga and the kids were watching rugby. Neo and her little family were there and Kalo and Ulysses were too. So while the guys watched the game, the ladies chatted. After rugby Kalo's unborn baby decided he was in the mood for Chinese food... so Chinese Gourmet it was! ;)

Saturday was the 4th of July so we took the kids to Walmart and bought a case of fireworks. My parents got back from California that afternoon and decided they all wanted to meet up for dinner. They took us all out to eat at another Chinese Buffet and we met back at their house after for cake and ice cream in celebration of Mote's birthday. We lit a couple of sparklers for the kids, then headed to Murray Park to watch their firework show. Everyone was so tired by the end of the show, but we still had the case of fireworks left so we headed to my Mom & Dad's and lit all the fireworks in their driveway <----- sorry dad! He probably wasn't too happy when he woke up and saw his driveway was black from all our fireworks.
Sunday we checked out of our hotel and went to my Mom's house to say goodbye before leaving. I'm not sure what happened but we got so involved in playing Rock Band that Ti Tonga said we should just stay another night lol. So we got 2 huge jumpers and headed to the park. Sila said that when the Vegas family is in town visiting- Sabbaths are breakable lol.
We spent the afternoon laughing, grilling, jumping, and listening to some good music with the Falatea's (and by good music I mean Michael Jackson and Ryan Leslie).

We left for real Monday morning and Siope stayed behind to keep Ti Tonga company. It was such a fun last minute trip- I loved it!

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

How Fun!!! Sister time is the best don't ya think?