Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photo(s) of the Month {July}

The morning of Tuesday July 7 I was sitting in the living room when Mote comes out of the bedroom begging me to turn the T.V. to channel 39. He did this several times before I finally did and realized that he wanted to watch the memorial services for Michael Jackson on the "big t.v." I'm so glad he kept bugging me! I tuned in as soon as the services were starting and both Mote and Nic joined me for the entire program. When I got word that Michael Jackson passed away- my boys were almost as sad as I was. They spent a summer week at my parents house in Utah and it was then that they were introduced to the King of Pop- thank you Falatea kids! They camped out over the best of MJ's videos and when they made their way home they ranted and raved about how Michael Jackson was a zombie (Thriller), that had magic powers (Remember the Time). Every time my boys would talk about him, adults would turn in surprise and say "They know who Michael Jackson is?!" So we watched the memorial together and later when we were going to the store I told the kids to put their shoes on and get in the car. While they were in the garage I overheard Mote say to Nic, "Nic do you know that Michael Jackson doesn't wear slippers?" I laughed a little then heard Nic say "Oh, I don't want to wear my slippers. I want to wear these." He walks in the house and when I glance over at him I see him doing this...

After he sees me looking and laughing at him he asks, "Mom can I wear my church shoes?"
Sure why not?! We walked up and down the mall with my son sporting his "Michael Jackson shoes." Got a couple funny looks, but I couldn't help but give in to the request =)

4 comments:

KEEPING UP WITH THE TUKUAFU'S.... said...

LMBO!! Oh man they are too cute Keekz!! You go Nici!

Klarah said...

I usualy just go around and read peoples blogs but This is too funny!! I had to drop in a line or two!!LOL!! Thats funny that your son did that!! My boys did the same thing!!LOL!! Instead of wearing there church shoes around they walked everywhere they went backwards thinking they were doing the tightest moon walk ever!!!:) Your blogs are very entertaining!! I love it!!LOL!!:)

pwincessdi said...

lmbo!! too cute!!

Anonymous said...

I was reading your blog and was showing Spencer how Nic was wearing his Michael Jackson shoes, and he freaked out so bad! I totally forgot that he is terrified of Michael Jackson! ha ha Nic is too cute though! :)