Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lions, Warthogs, and Wildebeests!

Every time I pass by one of these billboards I stare at it wishing that one day I'll be able to take the boys to the show. I've thought about starting a "Lion King" savings account to assist in making that wish come true. Some time last month I went into work and glanced at the bulletin board to see a new employee offer... 2 for 1 Lion King tickets!! I was so stoked!!! This, I thought, might be my only chance to afford to take the entire family. So I told Ti Tonga about it and it was set. I took an extra pair of clothes to work and changed after my shift. Ti and the boys came and picked me up and we headed right over to Mandalay Bay. We lucked out with the tickets and seating... I won't go into detail, but we totally got hooked up!! Shout out to the MGM family ;) We had perfect seats for a perfect show. I was a little worried that the kids wouldn't pay attention to the entire show, but they did. I can't explain how amazing it was!!! If anyone is looking for a show to attend with your family I would definitely, definitely recommend The Lion King!!!! We all loved it!!! And I will be surprised if I see another show that tops it. My kids lose interest in Disney on Ice shows, but were completely immersed in this Broadway show from beginning to end. I couldn't get over the singing! It was absolutely beautiful and made me want to take a trip to Africa. The show ended with a standing ovation- one that was unquestionably deserved. Thumbs up all the way around.

6 comments:

pwincessdi said...

OMG Kiki seriously this has been me and my mom + sisters dream is to watch "THE LION KING" I'm so jealous that you went! I'm glad you loved it, everyone that I know that has watched has raved this play! Can't wait to someday watch it!! :)

Kiki Fangupo said...

You NEED to go watch it!!! If you can take the kids, I would recommend it because it's such a cool experience to share with the kids. You'll LOVE it no matter who you're with though.

pwincessdi said...

I'll take the kids if they promise to keep their rooms clean for life! lol...I know me and Pulu should plan a family trip to watch it :) Thanks for sharing!!!

IONGI FAMILY said...

OMG how fun!!! what great pictures too!!! This would be one show I so want to go to and take my girls to

neomai said...

holy cow we need to come down already and see it! after we get settled in, we need to plan a trip asap!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Neo didn't you say they're going to Salt Lake? You need to see the Vegas show though cause the cast is stellar!!! I hooked up Ti's friend w/ some tickets... wasn't sure if he'd like it cause he's single. He took his girlfriend and they LOVED it too. You & Kauasi need to come & watch a show!