Thursday, March 19, 2009

Never Leave Home Without It


Today after I dropped off Mote at school I headed to Smith's with Nici and Siope. Since it was 1 adult vs. 2 kids and we were shopping for the entire week, I made them walk beside the cart as we went up and down the aisles. I'm not sure how it is for the rest of you Moms out there, but a trip to the grocery store is usually pretty draining for me. I'm usually always caught saying "Get off the floor" or "Put that back!" and "Move out of the way" or "Watch out!" ... (all of which are being spoken in my "we're in public" voice) while trying to narrow down the items on my shopping list. It took about a good 45 minutes until every item on my list was crossed off and we headed to the checkout counter. By this time (USUALLY) I can start to relax a little cause the finish line is within view. After I loaded all the groceries onto the moving belt and a few last reminders to the kids that they didn't need gum or candy from the racks conveniently located right by the checkout lines... I reached in my purse to grab my wallet. Before I could give myself an eensy weensy pat on the back, I noticed that my debit card was missing from it's usual slot. I glanced behind me to see another customer already loading his groceries onto the counter. Panicked I started to search for Ti Tonga's credit card that I always have on me. It's not there either. Gas card, library card, Mote's school I.D., CVS and Vons card... but nothing to help me pay for my total. I felt so bad for the cashier and bagger... and was a little upset that I might've just wasted an hour of my day. The cashier politely set my groceries aside and I quickly loaded the 2 boys back in the car and headed home. Siope was so confused as to why we were leaving without any bags. I didn't even bother calling Ti Tonga to tell him cause I already knew what he would say.... "Kiki, you do this ALL THE TIME." It's true. After grabbing my debit card from the kitchen counter I sped back to the store hoping that they believed me when I said I would be right back. I kept thinking that if they put my groceries back and I was forced to shop for everything all over again that I was going to go insane. Fortunately I returned to my cart still intact and after a quick input of my receipt details I paid for the shopping and was outta there. So the fridge and pantry are stocked for the week.... and it only took 1 day and 2 car trips to get'r done. Ugh!

7 comments:

pwincessdi said...

ohhhh i s00 feel u kiki....i've done dat b4...but i always call pulu anf blame it on him one way or another!!! then say sorry later!!! hehehehe glad u got your groceries tho :)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness this has never happened to me. I would be like Anna and hecka blame it on Abe too. LOL. For real though, You do that ALL THE TIME! hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

The same thing used to happen to me! Lol That's why I carry cash now!! ha ha.. I tell people I forgot my card, but really there wasn't any money on it anyways! ha ha ha.. And I give you mad props for taking your kids to the store with you! I hate taking my kids! I'm always trying to find excuses of why I can't take them! ha ha ha..

NONU6 said...

OMG! I totally feel you on this one Kiki!!! And all this time I thought I was the only one that felt that way about shopping with kids! lol!

KEEPING UP WITH THE TUKUAFU'S.... said...

LOL! I totally feel you on this girl...so I try very hard to tell Teki.."Lets make it a family trip!!" But really he helps me by dealing with the kids while I shop!!

Unknown said...

KIKI, lol...that is so hilarious!! I do the same exact thing!! Except I be forgetting my debit card all over the place like with the cashier, or on top of the car, in the cart...random and stupid places because my brain is partially never there! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Love you Kiki!

Audra said...

I truly understand every line and syllable of this story. You are amazing with your words describing your experience and yes I have done the same thing before and Junior would tell me I always forget something too and now that my kids are older they tell me I forget things too! LOL. Thanks for sharing I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets things.