Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One Shrek of a Finale

Ti made it home from Texas Monday morning. I thought it would be fun to go watch a movie as a family since I had the day off of work. I have been eagerly waiting to watch the new Shrek movie. I may have been a little more excited than the kids to see it. Since watching a movie at the theaters here practically costs an arm and a leg we normally wait til they hit redbox, but Shrek is definitely an exception in our household! Shrek is almost like a bookmark of how long our family has existed. The first Shrek movie was the very first DVD that we bought for Mote. I still remember sitting down in our room (at my Mom's house) and watching Shrek with Ti Tonga and our (then) only child Timote. Soon Nici and Siope joined our family and they all shared a mutual love for Shrek. We cut back on purchasing DVD's but the Shrek sequels always seemed to find a way in to our home. The boys can recite Shrek 1 verbatim - ogre accent and all!
We went and watched Shrek The Final Chapter in 3D XD at South Point. The kids seemed to really enjoy it and I personally loved it! I was surprised that it had a lot of sad parts in it. The past ones for the most part have just been funny. The comedy was still there, but this time there were a lot more serious moments. I thought it was a perfect way to end Shrek and Fiona's story.

2 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

HOW FUN, WILL HAVE TO TAKE MY GIRLS TO SEE IT!!! UR BOIS ARE SO ADORABLE THEY ARE GONNA BE LIL HEARTBREAKERS IF NOT ALREADY =)

Neomai Mataele said...

so cute! i remember motes little shrek doll when he was just a baby! dang has it been that long?!? oh and lovin Nics shirt!