Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Preschool Pool Party

Siope's last day of preschool is this Thursday - I can't believe it! Time has really flown by. Today they had their end of the year party. Since the Yellowstone pool doesn't open until next week Stacey offered her parent's pool for our little shin dig. Marci always delegates each of the students to bring food to their parties and Siope was assigned to bring a dessert this time. I wanted to do something fun and special since it was going to be their last party together, so I stayed up all night baking cupcakes. I knew that I had bitten off more than I could chew because I have never ever touched a frosting piper... is that even what it's called? Well whatever it is, I've never done any cake decorating in my life. It took me several trips to the grocery store and lots of text messaging and phone calls to Sila, but I finally got the cupcakes baked, iced, and decorated.

Voila! Cookie Monster and...
Elmo cupcakes
The finished SESAME TREATS



I went to bed at 4am, then woke back up at 5 to drop Ti Tonga off at work. After I dropped Mote off at school- me, Siope, and Nic headed over to Rhodes Ranch where the party was being held. Holy cow can I say that as soon as I had a view of Brianna's grandma's backyard my jaw dropped! It was the nicest/coolest pool I have EVER seen!!! It was great! The kids had an amazing time!!! The food was great, company was cool, and Siope's cupcakes were a hit.


The kids started off in this first hot tub. Once me and Marci saw that fire pit on the right we had to repeat "Thou shalt not covet" a couple times to ourselves.

Nici in the bigger pool. Behind him is a cave with a 2nd hot tub/jacuzzi. It had water that would fall from above splashing into the pool, but they turned it off so that we could see and hear the kids clearly.
There was so much detail put into their backyard! On one end of the cave there was a staircase leading to an outdoor shower and bathroom. On the other end was the entrance to the cave aka "Pirates Cove"
The kids in PIRATES COVE. They LOVED it!
Quick bite to eat
Me & my soon-to-be preschool graduate!
Of course he chose Elmo!

It was so gracious of Brianna's grandparents to allow us into their home. I don't ever remember any of my school parties being this cool... but I guess times have changed. Thursday is the big day for Siope then he will be off for summer vacation and come August he will be joining his brothers at the "big boy" school.

10 comments:

JAYEB said...

Wow!! I love your cupcakes, they look awesome and the pool looks like so much fun!! Good job Kiki =)

IONGI FAMILY said...

U ARE AMAZING LOVE THE CUPCAKES U GO GIRL!!! UR A NATURAL!!! HOW FUN WHAT A COOL PARTY

Aki said...

How freakin' cute are those cupcakes!!! Great job Kiki & the kids look like they're having a blast!!!

rina.lasi said...

Kiki!

K you already know how I feel about them cupcakes hehe That pool is awesome! My kids miss the pool so much! It's almost June and it still is not warm enough to go swimming. So lame!

Take care,
Rina

NONU6 said...

Seriously Kiki! These are awesome!! And that is what you call a pool party!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Thanks all! Rina, where in the heck is your blog?

rina.lasi said...

http://www.stupidmango.blogspot.com/

:D This is only like the 7th blog I started! bahaha

Kiki Fangupo said...

K cool Rina... Are you sure it's the 7th... might be the 10th?? hahaha

pwincessdi said...

Kiki those are soo cute, good job! And yeah that pool is freakin tight!! :) Looks like the kids had a blast!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Oh my goodness, your cupcakes are the BOMB!! They turned out awesome!