Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Siope's Teddy Bear Picnic

Siope's preschool class had a Teddy Bear Picnic at the beginning of May. He was so excited when he told me about it and asked if he could take his shark to the picnic instead of a teddy bear. I told him as long as his teacher said he could then it would be fine. He was so happy when he got approval from Mrs. Marci! Marci told me later that day that while they were discussing the picnic plans during class her son Luke was telling everyone how his teddy bear has a BYU sweater and Siope immediately stood up and said "What?! I HATE BYU!!" She thought it was hilarious. Fatu must have instilled that hatred in him on our last trip. Anyway the morning of the picnic we made Siope's sack lunch and hauled him and "Sharky" off to preschool. They walked to the Yellowstone clubhouse where they had lunch amongst each other and their guest stuffed animals. Siope came back and was so excited to tell me about everyone's teddy's and I was surprised that he knew each bear by name. I asked him if anyone else brought an animal beside a teddy and he said that one of the other kids brought a bunny.... that's not too far of a stretch from a teddy bear I thought. Leave it to my child to be the only one with a red shark. He said everyone loved Sharky and he had a great time.


3 comments:

NONU6 said...

How cute is he with his red shark! Gotta give it to him... a shark seems a lot more interesting than a teddy :)

Aki said...

Kids have such good memories!! Love his little shark! :)

Neomai Mataele said...

how cute! miss you siope!