Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Las Vegas Blackjacks 2010- National Champs!

Ti has played rugby for years, but always in Salt Lake. When we moved out here he stopped- which honestly I had no problem with ;) I'm sure it was because back in Salt Lake he knew EVERYONE and out here it was the complete opposite. This year he finally got out of his bubble and started practicing with a team at Sunset Park. He ended up trying out for the Blackjacks and made it. He's had the opportunity to travel with the team as they've competed in several different states... their latest destination being Glendale Colorado where they played in the final 4 for the national championship.

rugymag.com said...
"GLENDALE, Colo. - Without much dispute, the two best teams in DI played for a national championship Sunday at Infinity Park where Las Vegas defeated Belmont Shore 36-22 to take home the crown that evaded them in the same game and venue a year ago."
Ti was on cloud nine! And I have to admit although I am not a fan of the sport I was ecstatic for his accomplishment. He loves the game so much and I was so happy that he was able to work toward a goal, achieve it, and reap the rewards of hard work and dedication.

^Ti and his team mates on the front cover of LV City Life. The boys thought this was super cool!

The 2010 rugby season is over and (for me) it could not have come at a better time. I'm going to enjoy this short break from rugby and soccer and cannot wait to start sleeping in on Saturdays!

4 comments:

pwincessdi said...

wow that is so awesome he made front page!! I bet your boys were so stoked about that!! I actually love the game of rugby more than when Pulu played football. He actually got injured more playing football than rugby (amazingly) but it looks ferocious, but when you really understand the game, its not so bad. Newho congrats to your hubby, glad he got outta his bubble (:

IONGI FAMILY said...

WOOOHOOO MALIE TI!!! CONGRATS!!! THATS AWESOME!!! LU MISSES SEEING HIM AT PRACTICE, FOR A WHILE I WAS SO AGAINST IT BUT I GUESS ITS GROWN ON ME LOL I WILL SURELY HAVE TO TELL MY HUBBY ABOUT THIS HE WILL BE SO HAPPY TOO!!! HOORAY FOR GETTING TO SLEEP IN GOOD FOR U, U DESERVE IT

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Awesome! I think his brother's out here....all 4 of them were just as excited as he was! Those are some awesome pictures you got there.....good job TiTonga!

Neomai Mataele said...

omg these pics are so cool! congrats again to him and his team!!