Monday, August 30, 2010

twenty.seven

Aaaah another year has come and gone. I celebrated my 27th birthday on Saturday, August 28th. Friday night at work was seriously a disaster. As the clock rolled past midnight and my shift came to an end one of my coworkers, Senayt, wished me a Happy Birthday. I thanked her and thought "hmph, some way to ring in your birthday!" Senayt and I have the same shifts. A lot of times we're lucky enough to get scheduled to go to break together. We talk a lot about work, life, and just random things. On our way out of the office Friday night (Saturday morning) I was telling her how horrible my day was. She listened and said that the night was over, and that I no longer had to worry about those guests or problems. When we walked pass the employee dining room we started talking about chocolate and she mentioned that chocolate was her favorite flavor and asked me what mine was. I told her strawberry and she says "strawberry ice cream or strawberry cake?"... "both!" I replied. Our conversation turned to another topic and before we parted ways I noticed that she had a beautiful ring on her finger, so I complimented her on it and told her how pretty I thought it was. We ended our conversation and wished each other a goodnight knowing we'd see each other later that day to do it all over again. Ti picked me up and the whole ride home I told him about how bad my night was. When we got home it took me a while to clear my mind and finally fall asleep. The next morning I woke up to the boys showering me with birthday hugs and wishes. I could tell that Ti Tonga had put Mote in charge of carrying a bag in to the room for me. It was a huge plastic Bed, Bath & Beyond bag. The first thing that came to my mind was "What in the heck did Ti Tonga buy from Bed Bath & Beyond?" I couldn't think of anything that I may have suggested our house lacked so I was really confused. I pulled out not 1, but 2 items that were almost identical in shape and size. Hmmm... So honestly I was thinking, "Wow, he seriously felt the need to get me 2 of the same items? Maybe one of each color?" Yeah I know I sounded ungrateful, but those were my honest thoughts at the time. I turned the first item over and noticed a trademark sticker that completely caught me off guard. My eyes finally adjusted to the light and I noticed the tissue paper that it was wrapped in was patterned in the letter "C". I tore it open to find a new Coach bag!! I was soooo surprised and thrilled!!! The Bed Bath & Beyond bag was intentionally used to throw me off. I've been wanting a black bag for the longest time and finally got one! I hugged the kids tight and couldn't stop saying how much I loved it as I thanked Ti Tonga over and over again. Then I realized there was still one more package. "Ti!! What the heck you bought me more than 1?!!" He just smiled and told me to open it. So I opened the 2nd gift to find the most beautiful handbag with the most darling bow tied around it. I couldn't believe it. Not 1, but 2 new hand bags!!


That morning we went and did some last minute school shopping for the kids and got something to eat. When we got home we hung out at home and watched a movie before it was time for me to get ready for work. Siope saw me in my bathroom and asked "Mom, what are you doing? Are you going to work?" I told him yes and he pouted saying "Awwwe man! I don't want your birthday to be over!" It was sad and cute at the same time. Although I wished I could've stayed home with my family on my birthday I had to go in to work.
When I got there I noticed something in my mailbox. It looked like a gift box. I looked around for some kind of clue as to who left the box. I found a card with my name on it, a cute message, and it was signed by Senayt. I opened the box to find a set of MAC lipstick and lipgloss, and a ring just like the one I was admiring the night before.


As soon as I got up to the desk I found Senayt, gave her a hug and thanked her for such a thoughtful gift. Then she told me that she baked me cupcakes and had them downstairs... strawberry cupcakes! How sweet is that?!! We talk all the time, but I couldn't believe that she took what I said the previous night and went out of her way to do so many special things for me on my birthday. I think it has to be the most thoughtful gift(s) I have ever received!! The night went by pretty smooth. I didn't have too many problem guests and when my manager Brian got there he pulled me aside, sincerely wished me a Happy Birthday, then asked if I wanted to go home early. I jumped at the offer. I don't think I've ever left home from work with a bigger smile. It was one of the most memorable birthdays I've had. At the end of the night I realized how blessed and great my life is. It actually feels wonderful to be 27-- who would've thought?

7 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

Happy birthday day girl!!! glad ur birthday was awesome!! u totally deserve it ur such a great momma!!! heres to many many more!!! what great gifts too!!!

Aki said...

Aww happy birthday chicka! Im glad your special day turned out awesome!! You totally deserve it!!

BTW - your husband did a great job picking out your bags!!

JAYEB said...

How awesome!! Happy Birthday girl!! I am dying to get me a coach bag unlike this knock-off that Im carryin' around lol. So happy for you ;)

Anonymous said...

How cool is Ti?! LOVE IT!!!! Your friend Senayt sounds awesome! How thoughtful of her.... So.... ummm What color is the gloss and lipstick? lol The ring is smokin hot!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Ti got mad that I posted this haha. I mainly wanted to share the story about my friend at work. He would've looked like a chump against her if I didn't add in his part sheesh! lol

pwincessdi said...

awww Kiki...what a fun thoughtful b'day you got!! Juss when u think no one cares, or notices you BAMM u get so caught off guard! I'm glad you had a wonderful 27!!!
P.S.
NIIIICE GIFTS!! Your hubbs is the BOMB!!

NONU6 said...

Kiki!! You are one blessed lady!! Those are amazing gifts for an amazing woman! You really are. And I'm loving that ring! What a nice friend you have.