Monday, November 21, 2011

October Haps: Happy Birthday Grandpa Kina!

I told you we did a lot in October! So I know that we said we wouldn't be going out to Salt Lake for the rest of the year... I guess I lied :) Ti's family decided to throw their Dad a surprise birthday/retirement party and because of my new shift we were actually able to attend. Ti and the boys picked me up from work at 6am, we picked up our rental, and got right on the freeway. We got there just in time to take our seats and welcome Kina with shouts of surprise. The family honored him with delicious food, traditional dances, and words of gratitude.




















After the party we got the opportunity to meet our niece Katea Fangupo. She's the tiniest thing I've seen. Like many other trips I've made to the hospital, this one reminded me of so many simple things I take for granted. It was a special thing to spend time with her and to see another one of God's miracles with my own eyes.



No comments: