Sunday, November 6, 2011

October Haps: Fall Festival

Wow, October really flew by! I can't believe it's already November. Last month was definitely busy for us. We got to do so many fun things, so I'm going to try to recap on everything we did this season. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, especially in Vegas because the weather is so nice that we're able to do a lot of outdoor activities. The kids had their annual Fall Festival last month and we were finally able to go again as a family. The last time we attended was when Mote was in Kindergarten. We had so much fun that year. Since I've started to work, my schedule hasn't permitted me to participate in any after school activities. Now that I've switched to grave, I can go to pretty much any after-school function <~ I might regret this later LOL. Anyhow, when the kids got home from school I was just waking up so we got ready and headed back to the Elementary. We started off at the trunk-or-treat then made our way to each of the games.
The kids loved these low riders at the trunk-or-treat


All the frisbee tossing in the street payed off at this game

We got lots of candy and prizes then stood in the what seemed like a never-ending line for the haunted house. I was impressed with how spooky the haunted house was. The kids were terrified! Nic screamed like a little girl the entire time. I had to drag him and Siope forward because they were so scared. And there was a little girl who grabbed on to Ti Tonga's arm and held on until we got out HaHa.
We saved the cakewalk for last. We never seem to win this game, but it's still so fun. We gave the kids their tickets and told them they HAD to dance the entire time... and sure enough they did. Me and Ti Tonga took our seats to watch and we couldn't stop laughing. The first song they played was Sean Paul and Siope was going all out. It was so funny to watch him dance around the seats. After the first song the DJ called the winning numbers... none belonged to us, but she let the kids go one more round. The kids danced around and around and when the music stopped they rushed to grab a seat. The DJ called out 4 or 5 winning numbers and I seen both Nic and Mote jump out of their seats. They won! We went and claimed their sweets and Ti bought the kids some Popsicles with their left over tickets.

We grabbed some food on our way home and had dinner out on the patio before I went to work. It was a great fall night.

1 comment:

Mua said...

Looks like you guys had some great family fun! I can't wait 'til my two get older so we can do things like this!

Hahaha @ the little girl holding onto Ti Tonga's arm!

I love your blog Kiki, the boys are going to look back on life and remember how fun and adventurous it was. You guys always seem to be doing something fun with the boys. They're lucky to have such great parents!