Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Way!

Yesterday morning I awoke to snow falling from the sky! I could not believe my eyes!! Since I've lived here I've rarely even seen it rain, and all of the sudden we have snow! Boy what a surprise.
I wasn't the biggest fan of snow growing up in Utah. Sure it was fun to make snow angels, to have snowball fights, and to build snow fortresses as a kid... but as I grew up and had to start shoveling it and driving in it- my love for nature's flurry started to weaken.
Since we've moved, I definitely love seeing the snow. Not so thrilled about the temperature that accompanies the weather, but I can appreciate the beauty of it all. The boys haven't had the opportunity that me and Ti have had as kids to play in snow. They were so excited to see it falling. The longer it fell, the bigger the snowflakes became. "Mom, how come there's water on the ground?"
"Because it's not cold enough. The snow is melting as soon as it hits the ground."
"But the sun isn't even out!"
Yes even though there wasn't enough snow to cover any of the palm trees, even though there were no snow angels made, or snowmen built... it still was a lovely sight. Especially during this holiday season.

3 comments:

Halli said...

Wow, snow is Vegas...that's different. Cool pictures, Kiki!

Unknown said...

Hi Kiki! How are you guys? Wow! You guys got snow!! Well now you can feel us Utahns in Vegas. Hope all is well with your cute family! Love you tons Kiki.

RINA :) said...

That is just INSANE!! My sister e-mailed me a picture and I could not believe how blizzardy it looked. She said they sent everyone home at her work due to the weather. It was kinda funny...I don't think Vegas knows what to do when it snows :) I'm so glad the boys got to have some snow though! But poor Ti Tonga had to work in it, yeah? Kalofae.

Stay warm guys!