Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Normally our little family will hop in a rental and drive out to Salt Lake for any holiday Ti has off. This year however my job held us back and as soon as Neo and my Mom heard that we wouldn't be making it up to Utah they made travel arrangements to come out to Vegas. I was a little nervous because I'm not the best cook, but I barely had to lift a finger with Momma in the kitchen! Everything turned out great. Neo got in a day early and we were able to sneak in a little shopping, and everyone else arrived Wednesday evening. Me and Ti originally planned to go out Wednesday since we would finally have babysitters, but after I got off of work all I wanted to do was to come straight home to chat with everyone. We had a pretty good turnout: My parents, Fatu, Sila and her 2 girls (Lauren & Constance), Neo & Kauasi and their 2 kids (Mafileo & Mei Mei) and my Uncle Siaosi from Anahiem.
The weekend turned out a lot busier than I expected. Luckily we managed to squeeze in some black Friday shopping in between work, a football tournament, and several photoshoots!
I got to see Sila in action and eventually got to be part of it as she took our family pictures on Saturday morning. If I would've known that there's an actual technique to blocking out that sun with the light disk I would've practiced before we left on each of the shoots! I pretty much felt useless, but had fun watching her and chatting with each of the families.
I'm so grateful for such wonderful family, the time I'm able to spend with them, and the special bond we share! I wish Misi and Bubba could've made it out. I hope everyone had a wonderful Day of Thanks.

-Kiki

No comments: