Sunday, September 28, 2008

Game, Interview, Broadcast.. Oh My!

Yesterday was one of the busiest days I've had! After breakfast and snacks we headed to Mote's very first soccer game since our move to Vegas. Again, the weather was HOT HOT HOT! Hauling a wagon load of kids around while the sun beats down on you is not on the top of my fun list, but after a while of searching we finally found the right field. Mote was so excited! He was sweating like a pig, and half the time was kicking in the wrong direction- but he sure had fun doing it all. Mote scored 2 points... for the other team! Oh my humiliation! He finally got the concept of the game down in the last quarter and actually did pretty good once he knew which goal was the "winning" goal and which goal was a "No, No!" lol Our team lost horribly, but they had no clue- they all had a blast. At the end of the game Mote got his treat and declared that he loved his new uniform- good enough for me.

We got home and I had just enough time to get ready for my interview. I had gotten an email that one of the stores I had shopped at was hiring for the holidays. I thought "Why not?" and decided to go for it. I filled out an application not thinking that I would actually have a chance at retail at this specific location. I was surprised that they actually called me back and set up an interview. I thought it would be such a fun place to work at, but reminded myself not to get disappointed if I wasn't offered the position. I must've been crazy to think that I should even try without any retail or decorating experience... I practically had NO experience. But the interview went well and I was able to connect with the gentleman conducting the meeting cause holy shmokes I got the job! You're lookin' at Pier 1 Import's newest employee! I start Monday!! I can't believe how flexible they are willing to be with my schedule! I only hope I can last long enough to furnish and decorate my house =) So if any of you have your eyes set on something at Pier 1- holla atcha girl! haha
After my interview I had a little bit of time to unwind then I was off again. I carpooled with Sarah and Emily to the women's (relief society) broadcast at our stake center. I'm so glad I went! It was an awesome way to top off such a sweet day. It was completely refreshing and inspiring. After the broadcast we shuffled our way into the gym where the Elder's had decorated and set up dinner for us. I guess one of the Elder's is a caterer... the food was absolutely amazing! I felt so pampered. They served us our meal and were on hand throughout the evening to refill our drinks, clear our food, and serve us dessert.

Busy busy day, but lots of fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! So all our christmas gifts are gonna be so cool! lol. Mom pretty much told me I was going to the conference with her and didn't have a chance to say no. I was so tired, but glad once I got there. Uchdorft's talk was so inspiring. I love that guy! I saw all the girls from school. It was like a K-town reunion.... FUN! Neo totally missed out! They had dinner set up for us too and the decor was really nice. I think Sau lahi's wife did it, anyway we didn't stay.
Snaps to you for landing the gig at Pier 1. You better keep that job till I move out so I can reap some of those benefits! lol

Halli said...

Wow Kiki, you have been busy. Although being busy like that can be so exhausting...I live for those times. I somehow find it rewarding at the end of the day to say I completed xyz. Idk, I'm crazy.

Congrats on Pier 1... I miss those single days when I could blow a whole pay check there, or max out my Pier 1 credit card ;). They have such cool stuff there.

NONU6 said...

Kiki, you are one cool soccer mom on the go! Sounds like they spoiled you ladies at the womens conference. Lucky Ladies! And to top it all off you work for Pier One!! Ok, so is your "holla" offer still good! lol! I love that place!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Of course Verlynn! I'm not even kidding!!! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Oh & Sila, I'm pretty sure you need to switch to the Tongan ward already!

Anonymous said...

PASS!!!!!

NONU6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NONU6 said...

Gosh I need to check my comments before I post them lol.I was totally kidding. But I'll keep that in mind when I'm dropping hints to Dwayne about what I want for, oh my birthday, or Christmas.. lol.

carolineluvsulysses said...

Alright kix!!! working mom again! wow im actually needin some stuff cuz im movin out next month... lol how do u like it? congrats! oh and of course to the lil soccer team... as long as nick scores.. who cares who its for.. lol