Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

After our reunion in July me and Ti agreed that we wouldn't travel back to Salt Lake until the holidays... promises are meant to be broken right? haha We suck! We couldn't resist the 3 day weekend so we left for Salt Lake as soon as Ti Tonga got off of work on Saturday. We didn't overload on visiting friends like we normally do. The weather was kinda icky anyway. So we mostly just lounged around and enjoyed some good home cookin'. Since Nici's birthday fell on Tuesday my family decided to order a cake that both him and Siope could share. I am now happy to announce that birthdays are officially over with for the year- phew!







I also got to go to breakfast with my Moala girls. So much fun! My auntie Mele (Dad's sister) planned the get-together. It was a much needed time out for us gals. We talked about everything from childhood memories to politics. We shared laughs, gasps, and even a couple tears. By the end of our meal/discussion our waitress was probably worried that she was never going to get rid of us. Can't wait to do it all over again.



The drive back wasn't that bad. We made it home with no speeding tickets thank you very much =) It really is a treat to be able to visit Salt Lake- no matter how short the trip might be. The holidays are just around the corner, so I will be seeing more of Utah very soon.

3 comments:

Halli said...

I remember taking these quick trips home, especially when we lived in St. George. Just to see everyone for a couple of hours gave me enough strength to endure the next few weeks. Your boys are getting to big it was nice to see Mote and Nick when we hung out with Sila and the family Monday night. =)

carolineluvsulysses said...

Hey man I was gonna call u! nelly came by and i saw cute lil ruby mei! next time we can get together

Anonymous said...

Had a great time Pilgrim child! lol