Monday, September 15, 2008

Help Push the Pledge!

I added a web badge to my side bar, but I still don't feel like that's enough to get the word out. I am a strong believer and supporter of the Pickens Plan. I know you have all seen his commercials. T. Boone Pickens has an amazing plan to help reduce America's foreign oil dependence. At current oil prices, we will send $700 billion dollars out of the country this year alone — that's four times the annual cost of the Iraq war. Isn't that crazy?!?! I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick and tired of paying ridiculous prices at the gas pump, but guess what? There's something we can do about it! We can start by telling our Member of Congress to sign the Pledge to get America off its addiction to foreign oil. Too many of us complain complain complain, but don't do anything to better the situation. It's time for a change. Right now is a crucial time to let your voice be heard! Our economy will not get better on it's own. Please help me in supporting the Pickens Plan and pushing the pledge!

2 comments:

Halli said...

I have seen these commercials and i agree... Stop sending our money to other countries. Especially ones we are at war with...duh!!! Bush is so freakin STUPID. Anyway, I'll be looking into this. Thanks for the link and sorry to ramble on. hehe :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so i've ignored your emails long enough... I will be pushing the pledge. That actually made me sick! 700 billion?! UGH!!!! We could definately use that money HERE!!!!