Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ballots Cast

So I can't believe that today was the end of all the campaigning. It seems like it's been a long road this election season- maybe because I've been involved and following along from the beginning this time. I had the opportunity to vote for the first time as a Nevada resident today. It was a completely different experience than the last time I voted in Utah. There was so much more hype and buzz around the election this year. Of course this year was different because of the candidates running. From the very start it was evident that history was going to be made. We as a nation had three candidates running for President that didn't fit the mold... we could've had the first woman President, the first Mormon President, or the first African American as our leader. I read on someone's blog early on in the primary's that we should just kill three birds with one stone and elect Gladys Knight as the head of our nation lol.
It wasn't easy for me to make it to the polls today. I went to the DMV where they told me I couldn't get a NV ID without my Hawaiian birth certificate. I was so distressed that I wanted to cry. After a call to our voting office- I was advised that I could still vote as long as I could provide a bill with my name and NV address on it! So I spent about an hour at home researching and filling out my sample ballot (we had like 15 different judges to vote for in Las Vegas!)
Even though our Republican party didn't win, it still was a very empowering experience. I'm ready to stand behind our new President and wish him nothing but the best. I have a feeling there are hard times ahead of us. I hope that we are all able to bear those storms ahead and resurface as a stonger nation.

4 comments:

Halli said...

Kiki, I'm so glad got the chance to vote out there in NV. What an awesome experience to vote in another state...I would jump at the opportunity. I'm kind of funny that way I love to experience things in different environments. When we travel I make it appoint to visit a local Seventh Day Adventist church. Ask my husband he thinks I'm crazy at times. =)

Kiki Fangupo said...

Halli I don't think that's crazy at all! It really is a cool experience to do anything in a different environment!!! I think that's awesome!

Halli said...

Kiki,
I think he thinks I'm crazy cause he says "who wants to go to church when you're on vacation?" That's me church when I'm on vaca... Idk, I think it's cool. Thanks for being on my side. ;)

Kiki Fangupo said...

OH... in that case Halli, I think you're crazy too haha j/k