Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School's in Session

Timote Fangupo age 6. Off to 1st grade.

This year I have all 3 boys in school. The schedule gets a little crazy at times, but what can you do? After a measly 2 week summer vacation it's back to school. Mote started 1st grade and is now in school full day. He loves that his days consist of a trip to the lunch room and longer recesses. His teacher is Mr. Larsen and this year he's actually in a relocatable which is different. His classmates are a lot fewer than last years- thank goodness! He loves it and has been doing great so far. It has been a challenge to get up early and off to school on time... for me though, not so much him. I am such a night owl, so this new schedule has me still trying to adjust (yes, even 3 weeks later).

Nicolaus Fangupo ready for day 1 of Kindergarten

Nici makes the deadline here in Nevada. Before I moved from Salt Lake I thought a lot about what I would do with Nic and Siope. I didn't want them in the same grade, but I didn't want to hold Siope back. Luckily the deadline in Nevada is September 30... so the decision was easy. Nici is in afternoon Kindergarten with Mrs. Grauberger. The first week of school was pretty stressing for me as far as Nic attending Kindergarten. I don't think he understood the concept of going to school to learn. I think he thought more along the lines of: going to school to get the heck out of the house, and yay there's lots of kids, and yay- there's a playground! He got his name on the board on the first AND second day of school - not such a good way to start off the year. But since then he has shown so much improvement and maturity! He's been coming home with rewards for his good behavior and is so excited to tell us how well he's done at the end of the day.
Mote and Nic after school. Wright Elementary Las Vegas, NV

Nici's first homework assignment. His family tree.

Siope started preschool a week after the 2 older boys. He was so eager to finally get his turn. He attends preschool with Miss Marcy who happens to be in our ward. While she teaches Siope and the rest of her class, I babysit her 1yr old. We do this Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15am - 12:15pm ... so after we drop off Mote at school we go straight to Siope's preschool, drop him off, pick up Cruz and come home. After school Marcy meets us at our house to swap the kids. She normally gets here at around 12:30. Just in time to load up and drop off Nic at Kindergarten. When me and Siope get back he usually takes a nap before it's time to head back to the elementary to pick up Mote and Nic... so yeah Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty busy around here! Siope is loving school though and is really opening up to his teacher and classmates. Today he came home with a homework folder and artwork that he made. He doesn't feel left out this way and I think he's happy that he can relate to the older two and feel like a big boy.
Siope age 4. Hittin the sac early to ensure an early rise in the morning for preschool.

It's pretty crazy take a step back and see how fast the boys are growing. Soccer season starts this week, so we are busy busy busy.

3 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

What a busy Mom u are!!! and a Great one too!!! Your boys are so stinkin cute!!! here's to a fun and exciting year!!!

Kalolaine said...

I love summer bdays! anyways thats so cute how they are all in school.. geeze Im all overwhelmed with my lil preschooler that goes to class twice a week for 2 hours lol its fun tho

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Dang, all of them in school now? Now you can have a peacful afternoon alone-time!! I must have been trippin about Makai being off track...I asked the school for another schedule because I misplaced the original one and he's not off track until October 26th....so he's in school for a while!!