Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Saturday Scores

Last Saturday we met at the field at 10 am. Mote's team took their team pictures for the season then got ready for their game right after. Mote's been playing with the same team for the past 3 seasons now. A couple of his teammates are from our ward, so he loves playing together with them. For the past 3 seasons I don't think we've won a single game. It's pretty miraculous if we even score a goal on the other team. The kids really don't mind. They have fun playing regardless. Well this Saturday we actually won!! It was great! Normally the parents from our team will sit throughout the game and cheer on our little players, but the jumping and screaming that follow a goal usually erupt from the opposite side of the field. I'm not sure what the name of the opposing team was, but I was glad that they were for the most part pretty small like our team. Sam from our team scored a goal in the first quarter and our sideline was just amazed. We were so happy as we cheered and jumped. Then a couple minutes later we scored again! I couldn't believe it! And it was Mote that kicked it in!! That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. We came out with our first ever win and it was awesome!!! The final score was 5-0 and Mote scored two of the five. He was on top of the world. It was so fun to see his huge smile. He came up to me after and said "Mom, I can't wait to tell Fatu that I won my soccer game!" You better believe that I was on my phone texting my entire family about Mote's 2 goals. We're all so proud of him and his team. Great job FORCE!
Later that day me and Toa (and our millions of kids) went to Deseret Book's Ladies' Night that they were hosting while Ti Tonga and Mote went to their Priesthood session. I got a mailer last month about Ladies' Night and decided I wanted to attend. They were giving away free signs for the first 100 ladies at each location. As it got closer to the date I asked Toa if she wanted to come along. We were so nervous that we wouldn't get there in time to get a sign so we planned on getting there extra early to ensure we wouldn't go home empty handed. They were supposed to start at 5 pm so we rallied up the kids and got there at 4pm. How come we were the first ones there? lol Ladies started showing up in groups though and before we knew it there was a good amount of us that had come for the event. Me and Toa were the very first ones to get our coupons for the signs though- yay! Almost everything in the store was marked down, they had refreshments, and they were raffling off a ton of cool prizes. I'm sure if we would've stayed any longer we would've eventually won something cool, but since we had been there for a while with all our kids we just wanted to leave as soon as we redeemed our coupons.
Come what may and love it- a reminder to weather the storm with optimism.

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

YAY MOTE!!! GOOD JOB!!! LOVE THE HUGE SOCCER BALL AWESOME!!! JEALOUS OF UR SIGN AWESOME!!! WONDER IF THEY EVER DO THAT HERE? GUESS I SHOULD CHECK HUH LOL