Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween School Parties

I really like the idea that Nevada Observance Day always falls on the day before Halloween. This meant all the boys (including Siope) would have their class parties on Thursday. Siope had his party at the Yellowstone Clubhouse. Marci didn't want them in costumes because she had several crafts planned out and didn't want their costumes getting dirty before Halloween. She did however ask them to wear Halloween colors. Since Nic and Mote would both be dressing up that day I wanted Siope to still be able to wear something Halloween themed so he wouldn't feel left out. So I found a cute little pumpkin shirt at Walmart and he was set to go. He came home with yummy cupcakes that he made and a darling necklace. He kept telling me that he went to a different preschool today and thought it was pretty cool. Marci let them play on the playground for a little bit and I guess Siope took his jacket off while he was playing. On the way home she asked him where it was and he said, "Oh, I think I left it in that other backyard." He really thought he was at someone else's home. He's so funny.
Mote was super excited to wear his Power Ranger costume. We got a note saying that there weren't any masks or weapons allowed so I let him put everything on for pictures that morning, before heading off for school.
Two down one to go. Nici for some reason is always the last one to have a turn. I got him dressed a little earlier than usual so that I could take some pictures of him before school.

To infinity aaaaaand beyond!

Nici and Cruz

Our favorite little Morgan boy! Cruz!

After I dropped Nic off at school I came home for a little bit then headed back to the school to see Mote's parade. Grades 1 through 5 were marching outside on the playground for everyone. It took me a while to finally spot him, but when we did he was so excited to see us. He had no idea we were going to be there and was jumping up and down when he saw us in the crowd.
Mote and his teacher Mr. Larsen



When the big kids were done marching me and Siope headed over to Nici's class to watch the Kindergartners parade. I am so glad I made it! They marched a couple times around for us, then danced- it was the cutest thing! It wasn't rehearsed at all. One of the teachers came out and played music while she lead the kids in dance. It was darling!!





Next year all 3 boys will be up at the elementary which I think will be a little exhausting, but a lot of fun to see.

1 comment:

neomai said...

looks like the boys had tons of fun! and niccis dance moves were all on point! ha! i think the monster mash was my fav.