Friday, October 2, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

On our last trip to the library I watched the kids pile up the books they wanted to check out and decided that I was going to add one to the pile. When we got home Siope looked at my book of choice and asked "Who picked this one?" Didn't really care for it til I sat them down and read it aloud. Now they ask me to read it to them EVERY day. Whenever they bring it to me to read I have to tell them to choose another book as well that we haven't read yet... if I didn't none of the other books would get a chance.

This book reminds me so much of my childhood. I remember having it read to me when I was elementary and I was so excited to introduce Where the Wild Things Are to my boys- my crazy boys. It was great timing because after we had read the book they started playing the previews of the movie on TV. The first time Nic saw the movie preview his face lit up like it was Christmas morning. "I know that movie!! It's our book! Look it's Max!" I went through the pile of library books once and noticed that a specific book was missing. When I asked where it was Nic ran over by the TV to where it was lying on the floor. The next time the preview came on TV, Siope dashed over to the library books, grabbed Where the Wild Things Are and ran back to the TV to watch the rest of the clip while he clutched the book to his chest. Aah, so this is why the book is always missing from the pile. It's fun to see them so in love with an item that I can relate my childhood to. We normally wait til movies hit the DVD shelves, but we will most definitely be watching this one on the big screen.

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

OMG I CAN NOT WAIT TO INTRODUCE MY GIRLS TO THIS BOOK!! I TOO HAVE FOUND MEMORIES FROM MY CHILDHOOD OMG MAKES ME SOUND SO OLD LOL CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE TOO