Sunday, October 19, 2008

2008 Primary Program

We had our annual primary program today in sacrament. I can't believe I have 2 little ones in primary (soon to be 3 in January.) I remember this time of year when I was once in primary. My mom would always get us all dressed up in new fancy dresses- I hated it! And yet I find myself doing the same thing with my kids. I was planning on going shopping for new dress shirts, but decided to just whip out their black suits that have been hanging in the closet. They've only worn them once (at Neo's wedding), so I thought that I'd better put them to use.
Once we were at church the nerves started to kick in... mostly worried that Nici wouldn't be able to be reverent long enough for the program to end. I was praying that he wouldn't have a case of the wiggles today so I kept asking him over and over if he could be reverent while he was up on stage, "Yup! I can Mom!" As they lined up the first set of kids at the mic, Ti Tonga leans over and says "Guess who's first?" Of course our little Nici would be the one to kick off the program. After a little mic check (he seriously got his hand out and tapped the mic twice to make sure it was working properly) he delivered his lines with ease... "I am Nic and I am a soccer player." They had each of the kids play a part in writing their own talks this year and that was what Nici came up with. Each of the sunbeams talked about different roles that they played... we had soccer players, football players, singers, and dancers... but they reminded us that they were all Children of God. It was so sweet. When it was Mote's turn he stood up there and completely froze. One of the primary leaders tried helping him, but he kept nodding his head NO. So she got up to the mic and said his lines for him... "I like to visit my grandma and grandpa with my family." He just stood there nodding his little head No, while the congregation chuckled. Me and Ti Tonga laughed- we were the only ones that knew that he was nodding his head No because the primary leader was telling him the wrong lines. It's okay Mote, you still did an awesome job. I was surprised to see Nici singing along with the rest of the kids... and he did exactly what he said he was going to do. He was completely reverent the whole time- Hallelujah!

Our CTR 5 Timote, Siope (still in nursery, but wants to be part of the action), & Nicolaus who is our Sunbeam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was this little kid that kept nodding his head because he didn't wanna say his talk during our primary program. I thought it was so cute, that I giggled.

Mote actually looks like the oldest kid in this photo. lol. Good Job Nephews!

NONU6 said...

Kiki, I'm lovin the new header!
That is a cute idea for a primary program. Good job boys!

Anonymous said...

gosh they look sharp in their suits! soo cute!

Halli said...

Kiki, your boys are so cute! Sad that his teacher didn't know what he was suppose to say. Mote, next time you say whatever it is that your little heart desires...lol!

Oh yeah and I'm lovin the new header as well. So hip!

Halli said...

Oh yeah, also forgot to add..
Love the Halloween count down! So exciting..only 9 more days!!! Yipee!