Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Costume Chaos

We have been super busy lately and haven't gotten around to buying the kids costumes yet. Last year I was smart and ordered them online. However; this year our ward trunk-or-treat is a week earlier than Halloween, so I didn't have enough time to get any costumes shipped. Ti worked a little later than expected and was exhausted once he got home. I had told the kids I'd take them today to get their costumes as soon as Mote got off of school. As it neared 3 o'clock I asked Ti if he wanted to come along. "I'm so tired. If you want to wait an hour or two so that I could take a nap, then I'll go with you." After thinking about it for 2 seconds I decided to just take Nic and Siope with me to pick up Mote and the four of us would go costume hunting together. "Are you sure you want to take all of them?" He kept telling me to just leave the two little ones at home and that they would be fine with whatever costumes I picked out for them. "No, it's okay. I'll just take them." ..... Big mistake! I will never go costume shopping unless there is another adult with me. It was madness as soon as we set foot in the store. None of them were paying attention to the costumes. They were more interested in what toys were in stock.
"Siope, do you want this one?"
"Nope."
"Nici, how about this?"
"No thanks."
Oh my gosh I wanted to pull my hair out! I did not just drive an hour to go home empty handed. Mote finally saw the light and made his costume choice first (but only after causing Mom a whole lotta frustration). I was forced to just make a choice for Nici, and Siope would not for the life of him accept any offers! I got so fed up that we left the store with only 2 costumes. I was so upset with Siope's behavior and lack of interest that I didn't even get him anything. I kind of felt guilty on the drive home, but then when we got in the house I asked him how come he didn't want to get a costume and his answer was "because." That's it?? Just because?! Oh my- you are getting a hand-me-down this year mister!
Never go costume shopping unless your spouse is there to assist you- there is not enough patience in one adult to last the shopping trip. Lesson learned.

5 comments:

RINA :) said...

HAHAHA Kalofae Kiki, thanks for the advice! I was going to take the kids costume shopping by myself this week too, but I think I'll rethink that decision =)

Can't wait to see pics!

NONU6 said...

I was totally feelin' this post! lol.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!!! The joy/pain of motherhood!

!!!!LoVe tHiS sOnG!!!!

Halli said...

Wow! I commend you for giving it a try. I actually find it easier to shop without Moleni. He always let's Uaki get out of the shopping cart and pretty much do whatever he wants. When Uaks and I go to the store alone, he know he's not getting away with those kind of tactics....lol! I only have 1, and I can't imagine having two more of him... aaahhh! The maddness!!

Kiki Fangupo said...

3 vs. 1 - I had no chance from the beginning!