Friday, July 18, 2008

2008 Reunion Day 2

Everyone met at a park today (I'm not sure what the name of the park was, but it was in Glendale again). We had brunch, got our directions to the campsite, and headed for Morgan. Our drive up there was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!



I never noticed how beautiful Utah's mountains were until I moved away. No matter how many shots I took, I could never seem to capture how stunning the scenery was. Here's a clip of us pulling up and a shot of the area when we pulled into the canyon.





The layout of the campsite was so cool. It totally exceeded my expectations. There were about 8 different lots. Each lot could accommodate up to 4 tents, had it's own pavilion with tables and benches, and parking for 2 vehicles. In the parking spots there were these little light posts that would light up at night and had power outlets attached! And it gets better... throughout the campsite there were bathrooms with actual plumbing, electricity, and get this.... SHOWERS! lol This was the first time I've ever been camping with access to hot water, let alone showers! The campsite was amazing- loved it! We were the first one's there surprisingly, so we got first pick of the lots. We chose the one nearest the lake, which worked out great! Toa and Mote came shortly after and set up in our lot right next to us and they had an extra tent which they put up for Po. First thing we did after setting up camp was hit the Lake! This year our committee did a good job of ensuring that safety was our first priority up there. With all the kids in their life jackets we headed for the lake. I liked this lake a lot better than last years because it was sandy (hated those darn rocks last year!) It had a larger area for the kids that was shallow which was a major plus. We swam til the sun started to go down, and yes the kids had their infamous goggles on! haha... Can I tell you how nice it was to take a warm shower after swimming- omg! Got the kids jammies on and headed down to the main pavilion for dinner... YUM! I ALWAYS look forward to meal time when I'm with this family! My in-laws, Pisila Lahi, and Namu all under one roof- you seriously can't ask for a better combination of chefs! We had frybread (with the taco toppings), shortribs, and chicken. I swear I could feel myself getting fatter. Ti Tonga and the guys stayed under the pavilion and played dominoes while me and Toa went back up to our tents. Jr and Tina were a spot right above us and they took all the kids to their campsite to tell them scary stories. When they were done they came over to our area and roasted smores. Mmmmm, can't think of a better way to end the night. Our campfire was pretty sad, but it did the job lol.

No comments: