Monday, July 21, 2008

2008 Reunion Day 5

After the dance last night we stopped by my mom's house and the kids discovered a brand new bike in the living room. I'm surprised that the 3 of them didn't fight over who's bike it was. They all seemed to know that the bike belonged to Nici and their shrills of enthusiasm eventually awoke my parents. After causing such a commotion over Nici's new set of wheels, we decided to let the kids sleep over. And it was off to the "after party" for me & Ti Tonga lol. Ti went to hang out with the guys at Lopi's and all the girls hung out at Monica's. I can't believe how long we stayed up talking and baking. When Ti Tonga and the rest of the guys came back to Monica's they arrived bearing gifts... omg Beto's at 4am- something tells me that's not healthy! Good thing we left the kids at my parents! By the time we got to Neo's apartment the sun was coming up. Needless to say we slept in and didn't make it to sacrament (shame on us!) :p
Today would conclude our reunion for 2008. Last year we had to leave on Sunday, so we missed the last meeting :( Dinner and discussion was set to be held at Sau Lahi's. I had no clue it would be this fun! We had a couple musical numbers- my favorite being **Mele (Polo)'s number! I've always heard so many great things about her voice, and finally got to hear her live- she's amazing! The food tonight was just right for my palette. I'm not a huge fan of Tongan food, and today there were a ton of American dishes =) Monica and Ana-Lopi put together a slideshow that was neat. They had pictures from both last year and this year so it was fun to see how much everyone has grown. The best part for me was when we discussed our plans for next year. It was like being part of a real committee or jury- it caught me by surprise. We got to voice our opinions and vote on ideas that were presented. It was awesome to be a part of it all! In the end we unanimously agreed on a representative from the family to lead us next year. I'm so happy to say that our 2009 president for our Fangupo family reunion is *drum roll please* Losili Vanisi!!! Yay! Bay Area- here we come!!!

**Mele performs together with Natural Roots! You can check out their music here.

No comments: