Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Biker Boys

It rained today! I've been in Vegas for over a year and I can count on one hand how many times I've seen it rain. What does this have to do with my blog title? I'll tell you...

When we moved to Vegas we didn't have a lot of belongings. Along with our furniture we brought down a bike that we got from Sila and Abe. It was one of those bikes that you controlled with your hands. There were no pedals, and you controlled the movement by swiveling the handlebars back and forth- it's actually really cool. We've gotten so many compliments on it! Anyways... for Siope's 2nd birthday we got him a 3 wheeler, and Mote got a "big boy" bike this past Christmas. So the swivel bike went to Nic. Nic really got the hang of his bike, and even though his bike wasn't as fast as Mote or Siope's- he absolutely loved it! I'm not sure what happened, but one day 1 of the wheels on Nic's bike broke. So lately when we've been going outside to play, he's been watching his brother's ride their bikes while he just runs around. As I watched them I would see Nici eyeballing Mote & Siope. As soon as one of them would step off their bikes, Nic would swoop in and start pedaling away lol. I guess he told my parents that Mote broke his bike, so while we were out in Salt Lake my parents decided to surprise him. We came home really late after our talent night and there in the living room was a shiny new bike! Nic was so excited!!! We brought the bike home and since the weather was bearable today, the boys got to ride their bikes... ALL 3 OF THEM!


Cool guy!


My Biker Boys: Mote, Nici, & Siope


Nic's new bike came with a nifty water bottle. Good lookin out Grandma!


*ahem* it's a "Sport's Bottle" not a "Water Bottle" Mommy!


Enough already!


Siope


Thumbs up if you're happy!


Hi Grandma! Thank you for my new "Big Boy" bike!

No comments: