Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back Home

Good mornin' Vegas. We got in last night at around 9pm. The boys are still sleeping and Ti Tonga's at work (poor guy! he started at 3am). It's pretty much a given that I will end up forgetting something in Salt Lake when we travel there. Usually it's just clothes or shoes. Unfortunately this time it was my charger for my camera battery :( So I'm uploading my pictures now and I'll have to try my best to preserve the rest of the battery life until my parents can mail the dumb charger back to me.
I definitely want to cover our entire reunion, but I don't want one blog that's a gazillion lines long. I guess the easiest way to do this is to create a separate entry for each day. That way when I look back I'll be able to remember the events that happened each day. I still feel like I'm asleep so I'm not sure if I'm making sense.
Gosh, just thinking about the reunion makes me miss everyone back in Salt Lake! On our drive back Ti Tonga was talking about buying a house in Salt Lake. He wants to move back and I do too, but I'm not sure how soon that will happen. I thought that since this past trip was an entire week, that I would be dying to come back to Vegas by the end of the reunion... not true. It still wasn't long enough for me. I cried in the truck as we left my parents house. I wish I could've seen them before we left. I wish I could've hugged them goodbye. Fatu was the only one home. Everyone else was at work. We probably won't be going back until November for Thanksgiving. Our lease is up in December so I told Ti Tonga that our trip back home for Thanksgiving is not set in stone, that we should probably just stay back.... but now, my mind is set. I wouldn't miss Thanksgiving dinner with the family for anything! So... see you in November famili. Ofa Atu!

-Kiki

1 comment:

RINA :) said...

K you got me full on cracking up and tearing up! Yes, you sound so tired =) But sounds like you guys had a good time! Can't wait to hear all about the camping trip.

Mani and I thought we'd never move back to Utah. Every time we would visit, we were so ready to get back home by the end of our visit. We were in Vegas for FIVE years almost. Then last March we came up for a visit, and left feeling so sad and totally missing Utah. We were SHOCKED. And we knew right then that we'd move back AND we moved back that June. Crazy how things play out, right?

Just gotta go with da flow =)
~Rina