Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Independence Day

I guess I should blog about Independence Day real quick. Ti Tonga actually had the whole weekend off which is EXTREMELY rare!! And normally when that happens we pile in the car and head out to Salt Lake, but being that our Fangupo reunion is just days away, we decided to save some money and stay in Vegas. Neo and her little family flew out for the day which made up for our lost trip to Salt Lake. We didn't really do much, but it was good to spend time with family.
K, so I didn't buy fireworks until that day and HOLY SHMOKES- is it just me or have the prices of fireworks gone up!? I guess the price on everything has gone up thanks to these lovely gas prices. But seriously I was so shocked at how expensive the darn things were! We spent like $125 on a family pack (and that wasn't even the biggest package!) I seriously remember paying like $40 for a family pack that size back in my day ha! Anyways, the kids were stoked and so we left the firework stand with a car load of 4 super energetic/hyper boys (my 3 plus Mafileo.) I swear those fireworks lasted us a good 10 minutes. I couldn't help but think in my head, "If we were in Utah I could've went and watched amazing fireworks at Murray Park for FREE that lasted 3x's as long as this!" Oh well, the kids enjoyed it.

Here's some pictures from our day:


"Mom, can you take a picture of me and Mafileo?"

Mafileo chillin. Ready for the fireworks to start

Mafileo's first time with fireworks, he did very well!

Neo, Mafileo, Nici, & Mote

Couldn't quite capture how cool the fireworks looked, but I tried

Mote and Ti watching the last one

The last of the sparklers. Mote & Nici


***p.s. It was a little over a year ago that we moved into this house. My how time flies!!!***

1 comment:

RINA :) said...

Girl, how come I went to Harmon's right by our house like right before it got dark and I got the huge pack of fireworks that was originally $109 for $40 bucks! Man we were excited, EVERYTHING was at least 50% or more off. I think it's just Vegas...lol

That's awesome that Neo got to come out and visit, it's always good to have some family around no matter how short their stay is, right?