Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dessert of the Month

Our Relief Society has decided to organize several workshops/groups in an effort to allow the women within our ward to become more familiar with each other. This month I decided to attend the "Dessert of the Month" group which was being hosted by Sarah Wixom. Call me biased, but I think I might be meeting with this group every month- they seem to know how to have a good time ;) Tonight we made homemade ice cream mmmmm! I think the closest thing to homemade ice cream that I've had are those Vanilla cones our parents would get us at Winder Dairy. I love you Winder Dairy, but oooooh your vanilla does not compare to Mrs. Wixom's servings! I am so glad I went. I was a little hesitant at first to get out of my shell, but I pushed myself and couldn't be happier with how the evening went. I carpooled with two other women in the ward, both of whom serve in the primary. The turnout was great- which was not a surprise being that Sarah was hosting. Everyone was super polite and wonderful company. It was a nice break to get out of the house- even if it was only for 2 hours. Next month they are planning on making homemade donuts and cider. Yum! Count me in!

No comments: