Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Visitors

Brother Davies (1st counselor of our Durango Heights Ward) and Brother Reynolds stopped by our house tonight to visit with us. I thought that they were just coming by to chat and to see how Ti Tonga was doing since his trip to the hospital. They did that, but Brother Davies also told us that he had a different Ward calling for Ti Tonga. He extended his appreciation for our service in the nursery but said that the Bishopric felt Ti would be a great help with the 11yr old scouts. This will definitely be a new experience for Ti Tonga. He of course accepted and I was excited for his new calling but a little worried about my place in the nursery. I've come to like my position in the nursery and even more- I've become very attached and I LOVE my kids. I was worried that I was either getting released, or that I would be in my classroom without anyone else's help. Brother Davies assured me that another Sister had already been called to take Ti Tonga's place by me. I'm a little nervous to be working with someone else, but I'm sure it'll all work out fine. I don't know yet who my new partner will be. I guess I'll find out Sunday!
Brother Davies was Siope's old nursery teacher before the ward split. So it was a very special experience when he called our little family in to discuss our original callings to be held in the nursery. Tonight was no different. I'm amazed at how compelling his spirit is. It was a sweet experience to feel the spirit so strong within our home. I don't think we've ever felt it so strong in this particular house, so I'm positive it will be a night I will never forget. I felt like I was speaking to a Patriarch. He started to speak to me and Ti Tonga individually. Telling us things that he could feel about our spirits and things that he felt prompted to say to each of us. I can't believe how precise his words were. I don't know if he knew how badly I needed to hear his confirmations. I'm sure he had a feeling that his visit would be beneficial, but I don't know if he understood how much of an impact he would make on my testimony. He was working as an instrument in the Lord's hands to answer my very own prayers. My testimony of prayer and perseverance has been strengthened so much tonight. I hope that I can always heed the promptings of the spirit as Brother Davies has tonight. I might be able to help answer someone else's pleas to the Lord, as he has with mine. I have no doubt in my mind that I am in the right place- right here in Las Vegas NV. Right here in the Durango Heights ward. Right here each Sunday watching over so many sweet spirits. Right here in my home with my 3 wonderful boys and amazing husband. I am so blessed. I have a testimony that my Heavenly Father knows who I am. He knows ME and he loves me. I Have a testimony that our church is not only run by a Prophet who is called of God, but also by Bishops and Counselors who are called by revelation from God as well. I have a testimony that by faith all things are possible. I love my family and this gospel with all my heart. I am hopeful for what the Lord has in store for me. I'm eager to live the gospel more fully.

1 comment:

RINA :) said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the new callings =) I have been on such a spiritual low recently, which is a big reason as to why I quit jetBlue. I just needed to get my priorities back in order, you know?

I wish I could be in the nursery, I really MISS it!

Love,
Rina

PS I don't remember what the answer to the Jacob VW question was...