Thursday, August 28, 2008

Twenty-Five

As I was getting out of bed this morning I saw something different on top of the entertainment center. I got up to get a closer look and noticed a card with my name on it next to a beautiful sign.

The words in the card were beautiful. If card picking were a talent, then Ti would be one gifted husband ;) It's weird cause everytime there's a birthday to go to he HATES pulling over to a store so that I can pick out a card. Yet on every special occasion of ours I can be sure to expect a heartfelt card signed by a Mr. Tevita Tonga. I've pictured sometimes what it must look like- a big, bald, dark skinned guy wearing basketball shorts and a white tee, going through each floral printed card until he finds the perfect one lol. I'll have to catch him in the act one of these days :D
I was really impressed with the gift he got me this time. It wasn't the most expensive present, but it was something that he had to have been paying attention to in order to know that I would love it. I really think this is one of the best gifts that I have ever received. We went out and ate at the other usual spot tonight- Olive Garden. Aah, Life is grand. Especially when you have a wonderful husband and kids to share it with. Are birthdays still supposed to be this sweet? I guess being a quarter of a century old isn't that bad after all =)

5 comments:

Halli said...

Kiki,
How sweet! It's no wonder as to how he stole your heart. Happy, happy birthday sweet thang!
~Halli

Anonymous said...

Kiki, this blog brought tears to my eyes! I love you!!!! I was having problems leaving you a comment on myspace so I added "Happy b-day kiki" as part of my name. Ti is the freakin coolest!

NONU6 said...

How sweet! Happy birthday Kiki!

RINA :) said...

Awwww...Happy Birthday!!! I didn't even know =( I love the gift your hubby gave you, he's got good taste, or good listening skills-LOL

carolineluvsulysses said...

Awesome present!! my husband would never get me something so beautiful! he only gets what he wants.. sad.. more training needed... HAPPY B-day SIstah LUV u Jellybean,,, 25 yr olds rock