Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School


Wow, I have a lot to catch up on! Today was Mote's first day of Kindergarten- finally! I don't think I've ever seen this kid more excited. When we got to the school I asked him if he wanted to go play on the playground... "No, I just need to go to my classroom." So we waited until the whistle was blown and off he went to stand in line with his other classmates.

The parents were allowed to follow into the classroom and observe for a little bit. So I watched Mote find a desk and was grateful that he showed no signs of anxiety.

We listened as his teacher read a story all bout the first day of school, then we received goodbye waves from the kids cuing us to head on out.

Some kids cried when their parents were leaving. Thank goodness that wasn't the case with Mote- he was waving his little heart out.
"Goodbye Mom! See ya!"

A successful first day of school. Hallelujah.

5 comments:

NONU6 said...

Seriously Kiki... How stinkin' cute is he!! All ready for Kindergarten, and happy to say the least. Girls=Drama. Ha ha. That's my explination of our first day.

Anonymous said...

Nice soles there Little Tim. LOL. You look smashing with your backpack big boy! I love the pics Kiki!

Kiki Fangupo said...

shut up sila lol how come he was the only one wearing slippers haha... k, first and last time- he wore sneakers today thank you very much!

carolineluvsulysses said...

Kix how fast they grow!!!!!!!! one down 2 more to go.. lol tight..

RINA :) said...

LOL What a big boy. That's like Noa too, he didn't even say bye to me...punk! LOL