Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Read

Okay so who hasn't already read Twilight right? Last week at our Dessert of the Month activity I was discussing the books with a friend from my ward and she asked me if I had ever read any books by Anita Stansfield. Nope. Never heard of her.
She's an LDS author who writes romance novels... sounds kinda familiar... do these novels by chance include vampires? lol On our drive home Katie convinces me to give the books a try, offering to loan me her copies she has. Sure. why not?
So she brings 3 books to church and I put them away in my bag not taking another glance at them until later that evening. After actually looking at the cover I thought, wow BO_RING! lol and I put them on top of the fridge... not knowing when I would actually feel motivated to start reading them.
This morning I woke up when Ti was getting ready for work- 3am UGH! I tried so hard to go back to sleep but couldn't. I picked up the remote ready to turn on the T.V. when all of the sudden I remembered the books downstairs. I guess one chapter wouldn't hurt. I'd probably be bored enough to fall asleep after a couple paragraphs. As I opened the book I read the first two words that described the setting- "Orem, UT"... omg this seriously is going to be so lame!
I started to read and didn't look up from the pages until I noticed that my room was getting brighter. The sun was coming up. I couldn't believe it- but quickly got back to my story. I ended up finishing the book in one sitting... LOVED IT! It was my first LDS novel, and what I thought would be dull and corny actually turned out to be exciting and refreshing. Besides the amazing love story there were also uplifting LDS morals throughout. There are a total of 3 books in this particular series and I am on the 2nd. I would recommend this book to any daughter of God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiki, i've heard nothing but wonderful things about her. I've been meaning to tell you about her. Okay cool well lets start on another book so we can have some discussions. Oh yeah and there's a book by the country singer Jimmy Buffet called "A Salty Piece Of Land". Laurie Paulsen said she loves it! So there's one more for you. Let me know which one you're gonna start on so i can get it too!

NONU6 said...

First Love and Forever is a fantastic read! You'll love the series!

Kiki Fangupo said...

Jimmy Buffet? did he write the book while chillin in Margaritaville? haha j/k. i'm down to read anything. I'm gonna finish up this series, then I'm up for recommendations.