Friday, August 1, 2008

Ti Tonga's Birthday

Today Ti Tonga celebrated his 25th birthday. I knew we wouldn't get to see him before he left to work in the morning so me and the kids stayed up late last night making him a birthday card. Since none of them know how to sign their names yet, I traced each of their hands and wrote a message from each of them on their hand prints.
Mote and Nic did basic thoughts, but Siope wanted me to write "Take it easy man" as his message. He's such a character! I thought Ti Tonga would get a kick out of that since he spent such valuable time teaching Siope that phrase and the correct accent and tone to say it in. We put the card right by his work boots so that he wouldn't miss it on his way out in the morning.
Ti Tonga's favorite cake is chocolate with chocolate pudding and whipped cream (I'm not very fond of it, but he loves it) so me and the kids baked up a special serving just for him. I wanted to add some type of special decor to the house and I remembered that I had a bag of latex balloons leftover from a previous party. I blew up as many as I could and put them around the room.
We put the candles on the cake, hid behind the kitchen island, and did a couple practice rounds of our surprise shouts. When Ti Tonga got home the birthday candles were lit and the boys excitedly screamed "SURPRISE" followed by a verse of "Happy Birthday". He loved it. We had him open his gift that Mote picked out personally... a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper lol. We ate chicken casserole for dinner which turned out really yummy if I don't say so myself =) When I asked him last month what he wanted for his birthday this year he said he just wanted to keep it simple. So everything was home made today- from the birthday card, to the cake, to dinner. Happy 25th Birthday Hun! We love you!

No comments: